I like taking MOOC's to keep up with changes in Education (and Web Technologies) and I like to look at classes I could take for fun! Here's a few free courses for Teachers/Educators you may be interested in (I don't work for these companies, I just like to learn "free").
Watch out: Companies have changed how they offer their "free" courses. Many courses are still free. But now, some courses are free, but there's a catch: you don't get to submit the assignments and/or tests (I've audited quite a few MOOC's in the last year, but was still able to access discussions and take tests "free"; so they vary).
Just like there were previously, there are courses you can pay for, if you want a certificate. But there's now a new wrinkle: paid specializations and programs. Groups of individual courses are bundled, and available for a price. So if you want to take free courses, search for individual courses, don't sign up for specializations/programs.
Starting Aug 7 from Coursera:
- The Dynamic Earth: A course for Educators (Amer. Museum of Nat. History)
- Get Organized: How to be a Together Teacher (Relay Grad. School of Ed.)
- K-12 Blended & Online Learning (Kennesaw State Univ.)
- Teaching and Assessing Clinical Skills (Univ. of Michigan)
Starting Aug 14 from Coursera:
- Disability Awareness and Support (Univ. of Pittsburgh)
- Blended Learning: Personalizing Education for Students
- Giving Helpful Feedback (Univ. of Colorado Boulder)
- Learning to Teach Online (Univ. of New South Wales)