After you've graded your student's last discussion postings, assignments, and/or tests, check out these five important Sakai grading tips:
- What are your course letter grade/point values? At the top of the new Gradebook, click Settings, then Grading Schema.
- You can change your Grade Type and/or your Grade Point minimum's (our default grade is a letter, based on a 10 point scale). After updates, click Save.
- If you need to make a change, click in the right corner of the Gradebook item "box" on the drop down arrow, then click Edit Item Details.
- After making updates (such as checking beside "Release Item to students?" and "Include item in course grade calculations?", click Save Changes.
- In the Gradebook, in the Course Grades "title box", click on the drop down arrow in the right corner, click on Set Zero Score for Empty cells.
- Your students grades will be recalculated.
In the Gradebook, click beside a student's name, click on the Course Grade cell drop down arrow.
- Click Course Grade Override.
- Enter the student's new letter grade in the Grade Override box.
- Click Save Course Grade Override.
- Click the check box beside Display final course grade to students.
- Click beside Letter Grade and/or Percentage (unless using Points).
- Click Save Changes.