Aug 24, 2016

*Free* Fall MOOC's for Teachers/Educators

I took a couple of excellent courses this summer from Coursera and edX, so I thought it was time to find out what was available for teaching and learning this fall. I've also taken MOOC's with Canvas.net and Open2Study, and heard good reviews of FutureLearn, too. I found a number of interesting courses from all of these vendors, and listed them below, along with their student ratings (if available). FYI: I don't work for any of these these companies, I just enjoy learning new things, and the price is right.



Watch out: Coursera has changed. Some courses are still free. But now, some courses are free, but there's a catch: you don't get to submit the assignments and/or tests (I haven't taken one of these yet). And just like there were previously, there are courses you can pay for, if you want a certificate. But there's now a new wrinkle: paid specializations. Groups of individual courses are bundled into specializations. So if you want to take free courses, search for courses, not specializations.

Coursera courses (Rated 4.4 - 5 of 5 by students)

Canvas, edX, FutureLearn and Open2Study courses

Resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment..